Wednesday, May 14, 2008

in the cold

I bought a second hand air-conditioner today. $100. He said he’ll buy it back when I’m leaving… Maybe $60. $40 for two weeks, of temperature dropping from 40 to 20. $2 per degree Celsius. Me, in the cold.


















I remember two weeks ago, back in Soosangird with all the school kids. By Wednesday the word had got out that the movies were being shown for the kids, so we had more kids coming by from other schools to see the films and meet the “Stars”, and, we had kids from the days before who wanted to come back.


Try to imagine a Hall with 450 capacity, by 4pm in the 40 degree heat, and double the capacity, and “Movie Stars” from the North who “… just can’t stand the heat”.


Yes it was great.

The kids were hot. Movie stars were just sticky. Me, loving it.

Same thing is going to happen next week for the kids in Abadan and Khorramshahr. It’s already hotter. And South-er. Me, loving it.













I’ll be work-shopping a book called “Chess with the Dooms Day Machine” by Habib Ahmadzadeh next Monday for a week, with 15 Abadan theatre actors. Me, loving it. The air-conditioner at the place doesn’t work.


My Azat, won two Cohen CDs on the radio for singing one of his songs. Me, loving it.

Missing the boss and my daughter. I, lonely.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Shahin Jan, this is amazing! I'm loving the fact that my cousin is providing such a wonderful service to the kids of his home town! I envy you and I'm proud of you!
Sarvenaz

Anonymous said...

Mr Lonely,

Are you back yet, to the ocean playground. No need for air conditioning here.
Neal

Anonymous said...

Mr Lonely,

Are you back in the ocean playground again? No need for air conditioners here. We should get together, I want to hear everything you left out of the blog.
Neal

Anonymous said...

you, lonely...?

nah, dude, we think of you often.

great work so far. keep it up.

thoughts, wishes, and regards...

harv.